Introducing: I Heart Reykjavík Tours

Well, this has been a long time coming…

Today I am extremely proud and happy to tell you about my new little project: I Heart Reykjavík Tours. I’ve been working on it almost non-stop since December: jumping through Icelandic bureaucracy hoops, trying to teach myself accounting, reading 100 year old news articles and history books, figuring out the appropriate price points and how to set up a payment gateway and all kinds of other things I never knew I would have to know. Starting a company is hard work, ya’ll, especially when you don’t really have any money to spend on it and you have to rely on yourself for most things.

I almost feel like an over-protective mom about this whole thing. I gave birth to this idea and nurtured it to the point where it’s now ready to leave the nest and take on the whole wide world on its own. All I can hope for now is that the world is ready for it.

To begin with I Heart Reykjavík Tours will offer two products: The I Heart Reykjavík Walking Tour and a Private Tour and Photo Session.

In the walking tour I will take you around the city and tell you a little bit about its history and famous landmarks along with showing you where some of my favorite places are located. If you ask me nicely I might include a secret spot or two that you will not read about in any guidebooks. It’s going to be small and intimate, with max 12 participants, and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ask me any questions you might have about Reykjavík. The tour will go daily from April 1st at 10am from Hallgrímskirkja church.

Couple photo session

I decided to add the Photo Session to the selection simply because lately I’ve been contacted by quite a lot of people, mostly couples, asking me to take their pictures during their visit. So I thought I’d make it easier for everyone and make a bookable tour out of it and include a private tour around the city. You learn a little something and you will bring home beautiful memories of you and your loved ones.

So, I hope you will come on this journey with me by booking my tours and I will do my best to make it worth your while. The first person to book the I Heart Reykjavík walking tour will get a great prize on the tour they book so hurry up and make a booking!

19 thoughts on “Introducing: I Heart Reykjavík Tours”

1. Heather Linnett says:

You should feel very pleased with yourself. I have asked you this already, but I don’t know if you have got it. So I will again.

Have you thought to register your enterprise with Trip Advisor. You are not supposed to promote yourself, but hmmm, many do though under other names, but I can do it for you.

Many travellers often ask on there about small stuff, perhaps they are in Reykjavik, on a small stopover between planes for the day or for a few hours. They ask what can be done in the time frame, and the big tours don’t fit into the time frame. This might work, and be a win – win. They get a look at a most beautiful city, learn a thing or two, and you get some free promotion. However, and whatever – good luck

Hi Heather,

I actually listed it on Tripadvisor before I launched it – you are right, it’s a very important place to be when you have a business like this one. I’ll let you guys know when my application has been accepted.

1. Heather Linnett says:

Good I will look forward to that, also I am not sure if I read this, is this a seasonal, or all weather venture?

2. Louise says:

This is wonderful!!! Good luck with this venture, it is fantastic!

3. Fred Kaijser says:

Yes, a very good idea indeed…
    I am in Reykjavik from April 14 till April 21, so I if a have the chance I would like to walk with you. I contact you if time is available.

Hi Fred, that’s great – looking forward to meeting you (if you have the time) 🙂

It’s probably best to book the tour through the booking engine on the site but if you have any questions you’re also welcome to send me an e-mail.

4. Judith Hirsch says:

Is it too early to book for September?

Hi Judith 🙂 No, not too early – there should be availability on the booking engine until September 30th (I’m going to wait a while with putting up availability for Oct, Nov and Dec – that should be there in May).

5. emma says:

Audur! Congratulations! This is fantastic. I wish you the very best of luck with it.
    We will be in Iceland in November, will be in touch to organise a tour. How exciting!

6. Jem says:

All being well my partner Barbara & I will be landing in Iceland next week. Your walking tour sounds a fine way to spend part of my birthday on April 3 so we’ll book after we land.

Also – I was thinking of getting a Reykjavikian beard trim and wondered if your boyfriend had any recommendations for a good place to go.

Cool – looking forward to meeting you guys!

The boyfriend goes to a place called Herrafataverslun Kormáks og Skjaldar (Kormákur and Skjöldur’s gentleman’s shop) but you have to make an appointment in advance: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Herrafataverzlun-Korm%C3%A1ks-Og-Skjaldar/240571322685545

7. Claudia says:

Good luck with this! I hope you’re still offering tours next year… My plan is to travel to Iceland next year with a friend. I hope we really will do it. In the meantime I will enjoy your blog.

8. Amy says:

Good luck! This is a great blog and I`m sure your tours will be great too. I`m heading to Iceland in July (exact dates TBD) and probably would have just found my own way around the city without too much difficulty, but if a tour from the best Iceland-themed blogger out there is a possibility I will definitely consider it! I wish you a wrinkle-free startup.

Thank you Amy! You can definitely walk around the city on your own and it’s not too hard to navigate. However, what I offer is more than a map can offer as I tell you about my favorite spots for food and drinks and so forth along with telling you everything I know about the history and culture (that I can fit into the allotted time anyway). Also, if you get a question about the corrugated houses for example as you are walking around the city you can’t really ask the houses 🙂 But you can ask me 🙂

9. EuroTripTips says:

Going to Iceland in July, you can be sure I will give you a call for a tour 🙂

Great! Looking forward to it 🙂

10. Katie says:

Wonderful! After coming to know your blog in the past few months, I can see how this is a natural and universally beneficial extension of your work here. My boyfriend and I are just wrapping up our trip to Iceland (today is our last day in Reykjavík), but we’re already scheming our next visit, and we’ll put I Heart Reykjavík at the top of the to-do list. Bless bless!

That’s fantastic Katie, I’m looking forward to hearing back from you 🙂 I would normally say something like “hope you enjoyed your stay in Iceland” but the fact you are already planning to come back tells me you did 🙂